GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation and is the new European Union Regulation set to replace the Data Protection Directive (DPD) and The UK Data Protection Act 1998. After many years of debate it was approved by the EU Parliament on April 14th 2016 and involves the protection of personal data and the rights of individuals. Its aim is to ease the flow of personal data across the 28 EU member states.
Articles in this section
- Is there a Data Protection Officer and does Mobietrain need one?
- What is personal data?
- When will the GDPR take effect?
- What is the procedure if a data breach happens?
- What is the data retention policy?
- Do I have the right to be forgotten as a user?
- What kind of information does the GDPR apply to?
- What is GDPR?